For those who may not be aware the University offers students access to the Hull Careers service. Based in the Student’s Union, Student Futures offer a range of services that you can access whenever you need. Here are the services you can find:
Student Futures offer 30-minute appointments which can be tailor made to your needs.
- Subject specific to either your course or the career you want to go into.
- Practise and Mock Interviews- If you have a job interview coming up, they will prepare a range of interview questions and practise beforehand to make sure you are as prepared as possible ahead of time.
- The consultations can be either in-person, online or over telephone which ever works best for you.
- They also offer twilight hours between 4-6pm online, for people who may not be able to access the service during the day.
- You will even have access to the service for LIFE. Any student past or present can access the service, so they are always there to help guide your career.
Central Careers Hub
Alongside their tailor-made services, Student Futures has a number of online sources available to all students.
- JobTeaser.com – The online hub for Student Futures, JobTeaser features a number of services that you can find 24/7, including…
- Job and Internship advertisements
- Resource hub which included, how to guides and podcast on a range of topic helping you find a career for you.
- Events – The website also features a range of events held by Student Futures including…
- Job/Career fairs
- Part-Time, Graduate Roles/Scheme Advertisements For both internal and external jobs
- Company and Opportunity Insight Events
- There are also 6-month e-mentoring schemes available where you are partnered with a professional within either the industry you wish to go into after study or who completed the same degree subject as you.
- Student Futures also have a number of schemes such as BAME Higher Series, Sanctuary Scholars, Enabling Opportunities Programme, and the Ann Watson Employability Grant to ensure every student has the same chance of success after graduation.
Hull Employability Awards
The Hull Employability Awards is an ‘additional award from the University that endorses your employability and will help you to stand out from the crowd’. There are a number of awards available.
More information can be found at: https://hullawards.hull.ac.uk/
You can find the team on Twitter: @UoHjobshop and @HullUniCareers
You can also contact them through your MyHull Portal or the phone number to book in for an appointment is: 01482 462 222